Thursday, July 5, 2012

Post processing technique: Color Splash

Been checking out some techniques done by photographers to make a subject in their photos stand out and this is called Color Splash.

It is basically either making the subject in focus in color while the background is in black & white or the other way around.

Below is my very first attempt. I know I need more practice.



I used a free software Paint.Net. What I did is made a black & white version of the original photo using LightRoom and adding it as a layer to the colored photo. Using my eraser tool in the layer with the black & white photo, I erased the area which I want to be in color which is the subject. Need patience to do such but would appreciate if someone can give us a better way of doing Color Splash.

No comments: